1. The estimate included here covers only that which is described in this contract. Additional work will result in additional charges. Additional work is defined as the addition of pages, graphics, or other significant features, any graphic, page design, or actual page requiring more than two rounds of revisions, revisions to text content provided ready for publication, changes to elements which have been finalized, or significant changes in plan, scope, or direction of project. In this case, Client will be provided with a written CHANGE ORDER FORM including an estimate for the additional work.
2. The process for the creation of visuals, such as graphics and page designs, consists of Design Firm providing drafts and asking for feedback from Client; the feedback is then used to produce another draft or the finished product. This estimate assumes that only 2 rounds of this process for each design element will suffice.
3. Design and Code: Site will have attractive visual design, created with the client’s feedback and to client’s satisfaction, and be easily navigable and usable. Code will be W3C-standard HTML, PHP and CSS, and pages will be designed to display well on Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, at all common monitor resolutions.
4. Usability: Simplicity, cleanness of visual design, and ease of operation for the end-user will be high-priority considerations at each stage of the design process.
5. Search Engines: Client understands that the design firm does not guarantee the results or distribution of any advertisement or website in any manner. The design firm does not guarantee the client any number of impressions (i.e., times your website is viewed by a user) or clicks (i.e., times your website is clicked on by a user. The design firm provides no guarantee or warranty regarding the placement, delivery, timing, or performance of your website. The design firm does not screen or attempt to verify the accuracy of any information on your website, and, as such, does not guarantee the identity or personal information of the individuals who will view the websites the client purchase through the design firm.
6. Content Management System: The Content Management System “WordPress™” will be accessible to the user, and content changes can be made easily by all users. We will provide video training for the content management system that includes, but not limited to, how to login to access content, make changes, add pages and pictures, and save new content to the website. The Content Management System will allow the Client to publish unlimited new pages, publish unlimited new posts, delete pages, delete posts, edit pages, edit posts, manage categories, moderate comments, and upload files. The Design Firm retains the right to access the content management system at any time for any reason.
7. Web Hosting: The website can be hosted with Design Firm or any third party host provided by Client.
8. To maintain our portfolio credentials, and the integrity of any applicable copyrights, Design Firm shall be entitled to place an unobtrusive credit with a hypertext link (“ © Copyright 2013 Iconix Marketing | Web Design Houston. All Rights Reserved.”) or something similar in the footer on each page of the website. Design Firm is also entitled to reproduce samples of Client’s website in our portfolio and in any marketing materials.
9. Design Firm may use qualified subcontractors or third party vendors under our supervision for any or all work on this project. A third party vendor is any company or companies, including major brands, which obtain assemblies, components or other products and integrate them into the Design Firm’s unique product. Design Firm reserve the right to modify the products they obtain and add their own brand.